Jock 2003-2012


It was almost nine years ago, my husband was getting ready for a six month tour in Honduras and I just didn't want to face the time alone. I knew what type of puppy I wanted, did the research and was on the look out for a breeder to find the puppy that I wanted to bring into my home. I happened to see that there was a Westie for sale in the local pet store and even though I didn't really want to buy from a store, I decided to take a look at you. When I entered the store the associate told me that they still had you and that you needed a home because you were six months old and had spent all of those in the pet store, I worried about this and figured you probably wouldn't be for me. That all changed the moment I saw you. My first view of you was you bossing and chasing all the other young pups around, clearly establishing yourself as top dog and looked to be quite a character and a handful. I was in love from that moment and knew you would fit in with my family straight away. Everyone since then that came into contact with you fell in love with your cuteness and down right sassy attitude, even my husband, who when he came back from Honduras, you worked your cuteness on him, never giving up until he was the one who would buy you treats and rub your belly. We have moved from pillar to post during the past nine years and you took it all in stride, you have been with us whilst our children grow and have comforted and played with all of us, you were always such a good dog, we never had to worry about leaving you in the house, you were never nasty, you behaved and had such a fun personality, you were such a character. You have been my companion, snuggle bun and friend. Having been sick for the past four weeks I learnt today that you have cancer with a few weeks left to live and even though I selfishly wanted to keep you close I realized that I had to let you go because I couldn't bare to see you suffer after all the joy and love you have given us. You were only a little dog, but the space and void you have left are more than I can bare. I keep walking around expecting you to be under my feet or just trailing behind me, but your not. There is no jingle of your tags or the tapping of your feet on my tiled floor, just this empty space and feeling that wasn't there before. So goodbye my gorgeous white fluffy, tenacious, spunky little Jock. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts